Improvement of IAQ
Eliminating polluting sources and maintaining sufficient ventilation are the keys to improving IAQ. The following are some common useful tips.
- clean the ventilation system regularly, including air filters and ducting.
- keep your premises clean and dry, including vacuuming regularly.
- clean up mould, and fix water leakages and flooding promptly.
- choose products with no or low volatile organic compounds.
- air out new furniture.
- dispose of perishable food to avoid generating unpleasant odours.
- prohibit smoking in an indoor environment.
- carry out renovation or pest control work outside normal working hours.
- maintain adequate ventilation and do not block air vents and ducts.
- avoid unnecessary partitioning of premises.
- open windows to increase ventilation.
- if air-conditioners are used, maintain adequate ventilation with sufficient fresh air supply.
- adjust the ventilation rate that is adequate to the occupancy level.
- conduct regular maintenance on the ventilation system.
- provide local exhausts for polluting activities such as heating, cooking and photocopying as far as possible.