Skip to content
Improvement of IAQ
Something You Can Do
- Maintain adequate air ventilation. Do not block air vents and ducts.
- Do not smoke inside indoor environment.
- Dispose of perishable food products properly to avoid generating unpleasant odour.
- Report to building management for IAQ problems, such as water leakage to avoid the growth of microorganisms.
Useful Tips to Improve IAQ and to Dilute Indoor Air Pollutants
- Open the windows often to increase ventilation, if air-conditioners are used, maintain good ventilation with sufficient fresh air supply.
- Clean regularly the ventilation system including air filter and ducting, and maintain the system in good working condition at all times.
- Quit smoking at home and establish a “non-smoking” policy.
- Keep your premises clean and dry, including vacuuming regularly, cleaning up mould and fixing water leakage/seepage and flooding promptly.
- Avoid unnecessary partitioning of the premises.
- Select products with no or low volatile organic compounds.
- Move in new furniture only when it has been “aired-out” adequately.
- Provide local exhaust to polluting activities such as heating and cooking, redecoration activities, photocopying, and smoking as far as possible.
- Carry out renovation and pest control work during unoccupied times.